The national Catalan dessert, and an authentic Spanish sweet.
What could be better than finishing a good meal with this melting and tasty cream? Easy and quick to prepare, it can be prepared the day before your meal. It will only be tastier.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 250 ml milk
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 level tbsp corn starch
Direction (15-20 min)
- In a saucepan, put the milk with the cinnamon stick and the lemon zest. Slowly bring to a boil.
- While the milk is slowly heating, beat the egg yolks, the sugar, and the corn starch, until the mixture turns pale yellow.
- Remove the citrus peels and cinnamon stick from the hot milk, and lower the heat.
- Slowly add the egg yolk mixture to the milk, keep stirring gently so that the eggs don’t scramble.
- Stir consistently over low heat, until the mixture has thickened.
- Put the mix into two flat-bottomed 10 cm ramekins, cover them with plastic wraps and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar on top of each ramekin. Spread the sugar out by tilting the ramekins in all directions and caramelize with a blowtorch.
For the tapas dinner party you could have before this dessert, the recipes are here 😉
Enjoy your dessert!